Frequently Asked Questions

What are the school hours?

High School: 8:00am-2:50pm

Middle School: 7:50am-2:40pm

Elementary School: 9:00am-3:30pm

How do I get an official transcript/diploma?
When does Open Enrollment open?

March 1st – April 30th

How do I contact Swanton Preschool?
What are the kindergarten requirements?
What is Swanton Local School District's Tax ID?
How do I contact Swanton Recreation Sports?
What is the dress code?
Students are expected to dress appropriately at all times. Any fashion (dress accessory, or hairstyle) that disrupts the educational process or presents a safety risk will not be permitted.  For further details please review the Student Handbook or the Swanton Local School District approved Board Policies.
How do I manage my student's lunch account?

To make deposits or manage student lunch accounts: PaySchools Central

What methods of transportation do you offer?
See the Department of Transportation page for more information.
How do I change the way ParentSquare contacts me?

You can customize the way that ParentSquare contacts you by updating your information in Final Forms

How do I get a sports pass?
Season/Game sports passes can be purchased through the Swanton High School office. You may also contact our Athletic Director at


Student Pass (grades 7-12) $40
Student Athlete or grades 1-6 $30
Adult Pass – $95
Adult Couples pass -$180
Family Pass ( 2 adults and all the kids in the house) – $250
What are the Central Administration Office Hours?


How do I enroll a new student?
How do I see my student's grades?
How do I reset my PowerSchool Parent password?
If you are having difficulties logging into your Powerschool Parent Portal, please try and reset your account! If you are not able to retrieve your login credentials using this method or have not created your Parent Portal account, please contact your student’s school.
What is the district code for the Powerschool App for Swanton Local School Distrcit?
SLSD Power School APP Code: JXGT
Where can I find my student's handbook?
School handbooks can be found on the Student Handbooks page.
How do I get a work permit and what do I need?
There are work permit applications at Swanton High School and the Central Administration Office. Ensure that the application has been properly completed by the employer and a physician. Next, deliver the application to the Central Administration Office to be submitted and processed.  Please remember to have: State ID, Birth Certificate, License etc. at time of submission.
Do you offer summer school?
No. Please contact the High School Guidance office for further assistance.
Do you offer all-day kindergarten?
Yes. We do offer all-day kindergarten with the exception of their school year starting three days after Swanton Local School District official start date. Additionally, we offer all-day kindergarten for only the cost of normal school fees!
Do you offer preschool?
The Swanton Local School District offers preschool through the Northwest Ohio Educational Service Center (NwOESC). If you would like to enroll your child into the preschool program please visit the NwOESC website or call at (567) 444-4800.
How much are school fees?

High School: $50

Middle School: $50

Elementary School: $50

Who needs a background check card?
Any adult, 18 or older, that wishes to volunteer at Swanton Local School District. For more information on program specifics and produces, check out the Volunteer page.
What do school fees cover?
Classroom Fees paid by students at each building are used to cover the costs of consumable items used by students, classroom supplies, workbooks, and textbooks.
Where can I find more information about Chromebooks?